Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Hello, I have a similar question, I received the same "subpoena

Customer Question

Hello, I have a similar question, I received the same "subpoena Duces Tecum for Deposition" for my wife, also Capital One Bank. She is 100% disabled for mental illness, her only income is SSDI for which I'm the representative payee. She has no assets, we have two old cars but her name is XXXXX XXXXX titles with mine, can anything happen to the cars ? she has been staying in NY since April and I doubt she will be here for the deposition date what will happen ?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

She is essentially what they call judgment proof if she has no assets to be seized and her SSDI cannot be levied as those are exempt. Thus, for the most part they cannot get anything from her. However, you should notify the creditor's attorney in writing of her medical condition/mental condition and that she is not competent to testify on top of her not having any assets that can legally be garnished or seized for the debt.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for the prompt response! so my cars are safe?

Thank you.