Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I will ONLY ACCEPT an answer from JD 1992. Can you steer me

I will ONLY ACCEPT an answer from JD 1992. Can you steer me to a document that tells me how to get a judge's signature on my interrogatory and what other steps I need to take before mailing it off? Or just tell me? Is the form below acceptable?
IN THE MAGISTRATE COURTOFKINGS COUNTY NEWYORK

Plaintiff__________________________ CURRENT CIVIL ACTION FILE NO._____
Address__________________________
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for asking for me.

Can you explain what you mean by "getting a judge's signature on my interrogatory"? Interrogatories are sent from one party to the next and normally don't require a judge's signature.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NOTICE

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE COMPLETE ANSWERS TO THE BELOW STATED QUESTIONS TO THE PLAINTIFF WITHIN 30 (THIRTY) DAYS AFTER SERVICE OF THESE INTERROGATORIES UPON YOU. IF YOU DO NOT ANSWER, OR DO NOT ANSWER COMPLETELY YOU MAY BECOME SUBJECT TO THE SANCTIONS PROVIDED BY LAW FOR CONTEMPT OF COURT. IF YOU NEED FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS OR IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE IN ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS CONTACT THE COURT AT ONCE.

Witness the Honorable

WILLIAM C. RANDALL

, Judge of said Court.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Where did you get that form?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The interrogatory you sent me.

IN THE MAGISTRATE COURT OF BIBB COUNTY

STATE OF GEORGIA

PLAINTIFF

ADDRESS

VS.

DEFENDANT

ADDRESS

CURRENT CIVIL ACTION

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
I think that's superfluous language. You don't have to get the judge to sign off on them, just take off everything below "If you need..." and then sign them yourself. Interrogatories don't have to be issued by a judge. I think that form just has that on there and usually has a judge's warning with a stamped signature but it isn't required and would be done on a court by court basis.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Began practicing law in 1992
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Hi, How are you?

Anything else I need to know before I send it out?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
No, that should cover it. Look back over them carefully and make sure you are specific in your language and don't give them any wiggle room but that should do it.
Dwayne B., Attorney