Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.
10805288

A social worker that transported myself and my child after

Customer Question

A social worker that transported myself and my child after we were both hurt did not install car seat properly. Car seat strap injured my daughters neck and we (the parents) were blamed for this injury. I have the original hospital reports that show no neck injury, and then the reports after transportation that show injury. This was not acknowledged. Is this grounds for a lawsuit? How can I find a lawyer in Alaska?
Expert:  Alexia Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you. With regard to your post:

A social worker that transported myself and my child after we were both hurt did not install car seat properly. Car seat strap injured my daughters neck and we (the parents) were blamed for this injury. By whom? The authorities? Have you been charged with neglect of the child's welfare? Or did some unofficial person simply say this?

I have the original hospital reports that show no neck injury, and then the reports after transportation that show injury. Which is excellent evidence, likely.

This was not acknowledged. Again, by whom was it not acknowledged? If you were accusing the agency from which the SW came from,that would be typical (silence) because admissions by that agency of liability could be used in court if you ever sued civilly for your child's injury. They have no legal duty, unless and until you sue the agency and/or the SW, to speak to you or admit something. Freedom to not speak, so to speak (no pun in tended).

Is this grounds for a lawsuit?If your daughter was injured due to the negligence of another person, it can be yes. If it was a state agency and the SW worked for a governmental agency, there may be "immunity" from suit - however, often the government in a particular location has chosen to 'waive' immunity under certain circumstances, so you will want to discuss that issue with your attorney, to see if you can defeat any existing immunity.

How can I find a lawyer in Alaska?Call your Alaska bar association, and if your county has one, try that one first. You can also do a google search, pointing out your metro area and "personal injury lawyer", or use lawyer.com, martindale.com, etc.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.

I notice a rating that is quite derogatory, in light of the full and complete answer htat was provided to your specific post (in fact, I gave you the courtesy of answer 2 questions you posed, despite the limited scope of transaction that you chose, which would typically not enjoy 2 questions/2 answers) - I have to presume that the poor rating was inadvertent on your part, since you failed to follow up to get clarification of anything that may have been unclear or confusing to you - implying that it is fully clear. As such, please follow up with me if any of the above remains unclear, I am happy to assist and clarify further for you, and please correct the rating so we are free to assist you further in this regard. Thanks in advance for your understanding of the system here.

Sincerely,
Alexia