Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Can I appeal a large financial judgement filed against me be

Customer Question

Can I appeal a large financial judgement filed against me be my former employer(LAUSD) claiming overpayment when (1) If it was it was as a result of their faulty payroll system. I say "if it was" because my paychecks didn't reflect any significant or obvious increases that I could tell. (2) Did not have legal representation nor consultation. Also I think that the legal wing of the district or the ones that they recommend actually represent the interests of the district.
Expert:  Alexia Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Alexia and I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you.

With regard to your post:

Can I appeal a large financial judgement Are you saying that there is already a judgment? i.e. Employer filed complaint, there was a trial and it proved sufficiently that you owed it the money?

filed against me be my former employer(LAUSD) claiming overpayment when (1) If it was it was as a result of their faulty payroll system. I say "if it was" because my paychecks didn't reflect any significant or obvious increases that I could tell. Please explain. I.e. How much extra was included in each paycheck such that it was not evident that it was bigger?

(2) Did not have legal representation nor consultation. Why not?

Also I think that the legal wing of the district or the ones that they recommend actually represent the interests of the district.I have no idea what you are speaking of here, please clarify.

I look foward to discussing these issues with you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'd like to discuss by a brief phone call if possible(XXX) XXX-XXXX

Not permitted under terms of service here, unfortunately. We can only communicate in this forum.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks I know what I need to do.
Be well then. Should I have this thread closed out?