Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Im going to try to make a long story father passed

Customer Question

Im going to try to make a long story father passed away 5yrs ago...have been in litigation w my brother in surrogate court.There are 5 houses involved-but i onlywant your advise regarding one house that i live in.It is the only house that has a mortgage on it. When my dAD passed away this house was deeded over to my wife 2 yrs later. Mortgage was and still is not being paid..since it was in surrogate court. A foreclosure was filed on july 2009..we have been in contact w the mortgage co. chase trying to get a assumption and modification on no avail... Two days ago recieved a notice of order of discontinuance and cancel lis pendens. It also listed some creditors which must be some leins attached...I recently received a check for a $1000 for a class action suit from chase... What is going on..??? Ive had many family use ur service before and were very happy with your results and opinions... I need some direction please..My contact num is XXXXXXXXXXX ...
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

What did the notice order specifically state?

The Chase suit was involving mortgage manipulations and overpayment claims, so your home must have been under that suit. (Understand we do not have a crystal ball to see your specific details on your property). The check should also tell you if it is full payment or just a partial payment.

You have to give us some more information on this matter so we know what to tell you. Thank you.