Have Legal Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.
Hi, My snapshots indicate : Mr. X and Ms Y, JTTENCOM. Can you tell me if it means : - Joint Tenancy, or - Tenancy in Common ? Thank you in advance.
Of course, my question is for my US account, and depending on the US rules.
(The page View Question on my deposit receipt speaks of French Law : It is an error)
No, I did not find the answer, and I still need assistance from one of the professionals.
I don't know why I was directed on the Category French/European law (may be because my payment was in euros).
Of course my question if for my US bank account (Wells Fargo).
Thank you for your help.
Thank you for your answer but, as you can see, my question was different :
It was :
My snapshots indicate : Mr. X and Ms Y, "JTTENCOM".
Can you tell me if it means :
"Joint Tenancy" or "Tenancy in Common" ?
Thank you in advance.
( Of course, my question is for my US account, and depending on the US rules)
I hope you can find, open and read the image I join to my answer : One of the snapshots (account statements) I receive monthly from Wells Fargo Advisors, brokers.
I do not see an image, and I still need to ask which State this is in.Do you have the account agreement?
Are the account holders married?
Some more informations :
- I am the widow of an American writer, since 2005. I am French and, since my husband's death, I live in Europe. I am 83 years old. My son and my daughter are American and live in the States.
- We were living in New Jersey.
- We had an account (Wells Fargo Advisors, brokers), which still exists today.
- This account did not pass through probate, and no discussion appeared.
- We had an Advisor settled in NJ, but the headquarters of WFA are in St Louis, with an office in Charlotte, from which I receive my monthly statements, called by them "snapshots".
- This account mentioned : "Name of my husband and My name, JTTENCOM".
- Since my husband's death, it was changed in : "Name of my husband (DECD) and My name, JTTENCOM".
- This account receives my Pensions & Benefits (TIAA-CREF + Social Security).
- So, I pay my Taxes to the US Treasury and NJ Treasury.
- I don't know how our account was registered, and I cannot succeed to receive any answer from WFA about that.
- So, I am referring to the title of my statements. But the letters "JTTENCOM" appear to be contradictory : Does it mean (the first letters) Joint Tenancy, or (the last letters) Tenancy in Common ?
Hope I was clear.
The link you wrote doen't work.
Can you check it ?
Thank you for doing, and I will rate to finish.
To learn more about Wells Fargo Advisors, call us at (877)(NNN) NNN-NNNN
They can explain the abbreviations for you.
Due to the explanations I gave above, which State would be in charge of any dispute ? NJ ? MO (headquarters) ? NC (branch) ?
Thank you for accepting my answer, and thank you very much for the bonus!Please clarify, is there a dispute between you and WFA, or is there a dispute as to ownership of part of the account?
Not really, or not yet...!As to ownership of a part of the account, I think that any dispute could be easy to forget. With my children, and not against them. But who knows...
But with Wells Fargo (Advisors + Bank, I have two accounts) it begins to be serious. To block my accounts and to reject 5 checks I addressed to the US and NJ Treasuries, and one to my Health Bureau, with the Return and Reason codes "altered" "fictitious" and "counterfeit", it's rude to me.
Particularly for a customer since 50 years + never any incident and accounts largely provided.
If I was younger, I would have already pursued.But they may think that, in fact, at my age, they risk nothing ...
Thank you to give me an advice, but please do not think that I'm exaggerating : If I need more infos, I will come back here, and - if it is allowed - suggest your name.
I will try.
I think they have absolutely no reason to refuse.
If I need to come back here, I will tell you. (Allowed, to give your name ?)
Here, Tuesday has begun...
And I have to rest, if I want to be strong, facing my ennemies !
If you reply, I will read you tomorrow morning, while you sleep.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).