Some more informations :
- I am the widow of an American writer, since 2005. I am French and, since my husband's death, I live in Europe. I am 83 years old. My son and my daughter are American and live in the States.
- We were living in New Jersey.
- We had an account (Wells Fargo Advisors, brokers), which still exists today.
- This account did not pass through probate, and no discussion appeared.
- We had an Advisor settled in NJ, but the headquarters of WFA are in St Louis, with an office in Charlotte, from which I receive my monthly statements, called by them "snapshots".
- This account mentioned : "Name of my husband and My name, JTTENCOM".
- Since my husband's death, it was changed in : "Name of my husband (DECD) and My name, JTTENCOM".
- This account receives my Pensions & Benefits (TIAA-CREF + Social Security).
- So, I pay my Taxes to the US Treasury and NJ Treasury.
- I don't know how our account was registered, and I cannot succeed to receive any answer from WFA about that.
- So, I am referring to the title of my statements. But the letters "JTTENCOM" appear to be contradictory : Does it mean (the first letters) Joint Tenancy, or (the last letters) Tenancy in Common ?
Hope I was clear.