Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience

What are the laws related to Harassment in Raleigh, NC? My

What are the laws related to Harassment in Raleigh, NC?

My situation involves several of my neighbors in my apartment complex taking picture of me with cell phones as I move from my apartment to my car. Also, some neighbors have gone so far as to follow closely behind me performing lewd acts while others record the event on their phones.

How can I stop this? My wife no longer feels safe, and want venture out into the public areas of the complex we live in.

The conduct you have described most likely falls under the stalking law in North Carolina, since the harassment law is targeted toward communication that occurs primarily over the telephone or email. The stalking law is located here:

If you contact the police and they agree to press charges, the court will usually issue a stay away order while the case is pending so that they cannot bother you, and if they are convicted, a stay away is usually a condition of probation. It is a good idea before contacting police to document everything that has occurred, such as dates, approximate times, locations, person(s) involved, and who witnessed it so that you are prepared to provide the police with the information they need to pursue charges.

Sorry to hear about your situation...hope this helps!