TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

How do I find out if an attorney in Connecticut is covered

How do I find out if an attorney in Connecticut is covered by malpractice insurance? And does anybody know what the limits, in general, might be?

Thank you for your question.

The attorney is not required to disclose whether or not he/she has malpractice insurance under the current law in Connecticut.

The only way to find out is by suing the lawyer for malpractice.

Policy limits on these are generally anywhere from $100K to $10million depending on the size of the firm and the type of cases that the firm handles.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,