TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

could i call you and talk personally?

could i call you and talk personally?

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

The lawyers at JustAnswer provide answers to your legal questions and assist you by providing guidance to you on legal issues. We do not act as your lawyer directly nor do we form an attorney-client relationship with you. Further, we are only permitted to contact you through the website and cannot speak to you on the phone.

Given these parameters, if you wish to continue, please let me know and tell me what your legal issue is. If not, let me know this as well, and I will refer you over to customer service.

Best Regards,
ZDN
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have been with a woman for 13years and now we a breaking up.durinng the 13 years we both gave each other gifts.jewlery an autzo for me and now because i never changed the title of my car she wishes to take my car.i have reciently like 2weeks spent over a 1000.00 do0llars on repairs for this auto.what do i do to get an injuction deniyng her the right to take my car.if is possiable.

Thank you for your response.

The ownership of a vehicle is determined by the name of the title. If her name is XXXXX XXXXX title, then she will have a right to take it from you. That is because she did not truly give it to you if your name is XXXXX XXXXX the title (i.e., legal ownership of the car did not change from her to you).

So, if you attempted to get an injunction based on these facts, and without some sort of written evidence that she intended to transfer the title of the vehicle to you, the injunction would fail.

What you can do is sue her in small claims court for the $1,000.00 you spent on the car in repairs, as this was a benefit to her property which she was not entitled to, and thus it is an unjust enrichment.