Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

MY MOTHERS Immigration sace was put on administrative processing

MY MOTHER'S Immigration sace was put on administrative processing since she when for interview on February 25,2013.The consular officer took her passport and all other documents and promised to call her after two weeks,now it's over 100 days still I have not heard any respond from them.Where should I get help in this matter.I need my mother here in U.S so badly.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am very sorry for your situation! Administrative processing is essentially bureaucratic speech for one of the following:

1) a security issue (the consular agent believes that she may have ties to some questionable groups); or
2) Records mismatch (the consular agent sees a discrepancy in the records and needs to clarify it).

Normally, administrative processing can take anywhere from 60 days to 6 months. Unfortunately, your mother's case is one of the longer ones.

Because a visa is a privilege, not a right, one cannot "demand" that it be processed in a certain amount of time. However, cajoling may help.

What someone in your situation may wish to do is to file a letter with the consular agent and that asks about the matter, and, offers to include any documentation to clarify any issues. The problem here is that three entities are involved: The US Consulate/USCIS, the Department of State, and the National Visa Center.

I know you have already sent a letter to the consular agent, but the letter should be forwarded to the National Visa Center, as well:

National Visa Center
Attn: WC XXXXX Suite 200
Portsmouth, NHNNN-NN-NNNN/i>

This may prove to be helpful (the Dept. of State does not need to be sent a letter, as they are in better communication with the consular agent). Let me know if you need a sample of a letter that may be helpful by using the REPLY button.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)

Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I need a sample letter to the National Visa Center..These is serious issue here for me,I am a nursing student with two kids,so her present here will be helpful to me and my kids because i don't want to depend on the government for help.

please help me with these

thanks

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, B. See sample letter below:

To Whom It May Concern:

RE: (Name, A# and/or other identifying numbers)

This correspondence is in regards to my mother's permanent visa based on family immigration. It has been in administrative processing for __ days from the time that this letter has been written.

As such, I am requesting an update on the matter, and am offering to provide ANY clarification needed in regards to this. Please reply and let me know the status of the case? Or at the very least look into the matter. There is no reason why my mother should be in administrative processing for this time.

At this point, I am in dire need of her help for [].

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Signature

Name

Good luck...