Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience
12176198

Good morning, I am trying to write a letter to the Judge regarding

Customer Question

Good morning, I am trying to write a letter to the Judge regarding my mom's summons for theft and for pushing a person in the store. According to my mom they did not understand her because she does not speak any Engish and she was given those offences by misunderstanding. Can you please help me to write an official letter explaining that she had to leave to bulgaria because she had a ticket before the court date and I was unable to change it beacause of the visa requirements and she have never been convicted to any crimes and violations in her life. She is person that will never do such things and I really still can not believe that this was happening to her. I am so shocked, she is a person who will rather give but never will take something from somebody.
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 4 years ago.
Hello.

Unfortunately, the judge is not going to likely be able to take testimony from you about the incident and the fact that it was a misunderstanding, particularly if you didn't actually witness the incident. She has to appear in court personally to defend herself unless the prosecutor's office drops the charges. And if she doesn't appear, the court will likely issue a warrant for her arrest which means if she comes back here she could be arrested if she has any further interaction with law enforcement. If you can give the court a date when she could return here to answer the charges the court might agree to postpone it until then in light of the circumstances of her ticket and visa. But if she doesn't intend to come back any time soon, the judge can't just allow the case to sit in limbo and will likely issue the warrant, unfortunately.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you please help me to write an official letter to the judge so I can explain why she is unable to appear and that I apologize on herbehalf that it was languge barrier and misunderstanding, and he had the will to take his decision based on what we write and explain. Thank you in advance

Can you please let me know if you are going to be able to help me with the letter or I have to try find somebody else.

Thank you

Sorry, I had to step away from my computer for a bit.

We can't help you write the letter because we are only allowed to provide information, not advice and representation. In addition, a judge cannot consider ex parte information like this and likely won't even be able to read the letter. The judge can only consider things said in open court or through properly filed motions that are served on all parties.