Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

violation 125.68 (4)c) Violation of closing hours.......Wisconsin

Customer Question

violation 125.68 (4)c) Violation of closing hours.......Wisconsin I rec a citation for this. who is allowed in the bar after hours and are they allowed to give a breathlizer in your own bar.
Expert:  Legalease replied 3 years ago.

Hello there

-

Can I ask you the following questions:

-

WHo was in the bar after hours and who was given a breathalyzer test? The owner or employees? Or patrons?

-

-

MARY

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The owner and employee. Also are they allowed to enter your bar after closing if there was no complaint and you are locked. This is two different times.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. It seems your previous expert had to step away. I am a different contributor and I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

In order to charge you with a violation of 125.68(4)(c), they have to prove you were actually open. Open would mean under WI law, serving alcohol to anyone in the bar. Open would not mean employees in the bar cleaning up the premises or the owner in the bar cleaning up or conducting normal closing activities. The officers can ask for a breath sample to prove whether or not people in the closed establishment were consuming alcohol, but it really does not prove much since the alcohol could have been consumed while the bar was open.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.