Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

When you rightfully referenced the "statute of limitations"

When you rightfully referenced the "statute of limitations" I am adhering to the calendar prescribed by the Admin Process I was compelled to follow, including a Merit Systems Protection Board Hearing that severely limited what issues I could address. Now that I have completed that process, and have conformed to the deadlines imposed, I am in District Court as a matter of Appeal. I am also addressing issues that organization declined to address even though I presented proof of violations.

At some juncture, will the USAO schedule a meeting to address issues prior to Discovery? I presume they will want to obtain a better understanding of issues and evidence that might cause them to seek settlement -- or am I too optimistic?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your response and new question.

The statute of limitations for criminal prosecution is not dependent on your administrative process, even though you might have reported them to the employer and the employer took no action. If the criminal violations are outside of the statute of limitations for criminal prosecutions, then the US Attorney cannot prosecute them and what they do for representation in the case depends on the evidence they find in their investigation.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know your thoughts and experience with future meetings I might have with the USAO -- as I asked at the end of my last submittal to you.

Thank you for your response.

If the US Attorney calls for a meeting, it is generally to discuss what you want in settlement, as they do not call meetings for you to dismiss your case or for no reason in a civil case. If they want more evidence or proof from you, they will do that by sending you a request for production or other discovery such as a deposition. They are not prone to just scheduling an informal meeting to get more information from you as they simply do not have the time and they really dislike handling civil cases. If there is a meeting to discuss discovery that would be a status conference or discovery conference or a Rule 16 conference with the judge and not just you and the US Attorney.