Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I had an order for trial setting scheduled at the end of this

I had an order for trial setting scheduled at the end of this month where I am the defendant. It was from FHLMC vs Me because they bought my house in foreclosure on 3-5-2013 and were trying to evict me. Nevertheless, I just got another notice of order titled "Non-Suited/Dismissed by Plaintiff" signed by the judge on 6-12-2013. What does it mean? What else am I suppose to be getting in the mail?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

What does it mean?

If you have received a notice of "non-suit," this means that the Plaintiff (FHLMC) has dropped the lawsuit. They have terminated it. In other words, the matter is over. The suit has been dismissed on their request.

Now, they may still decide to bring the matter again later in a new suit, but, this would be up to them. At this point, it is not know why they dropped the suit - you can always ask them.

What else am I suppose to be getting in the mail?

Nothing else is typically sent after this.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, what would you do if you were in my shoes? I was about to be evicted and now they got nothing against me, right! Can I get a release of lien on my deed of trust with this order?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello friend,

I cannot tell you what to do, for this would be unfair to you (also, I can only give general information and not specific advice).

At this time, however, if I were in your situation, I would contact them and ask why they dismissed the suit. It is not as though they are not aware of it.

Can I get a release of lien on my deed of trust with this order?

I am afraid not. Even if the suit has been dismissed, the lien still stays unless they voluntarily wish to take it off. But understand that the foreclosure is not over - the eviction is. They still own the home. They simply decided not to evict you (at this time).

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.

Ely, Counselor at Law