CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I just bought a RV park lot at a Michigan sheriffs sale. In

I just bought a RV park lot at a Michigan sheriff's sale. In order to not wait the mandatory six months I would need to have the deed and the title. The last owner passed away two years ago. His children filed probate on the properties they wanted. They wanted nothing to do with this property and don't even want to be contacted about it.. Taxes and membershipe dues have not been paid since 2011. Is there any way I can obtain the deed and title without waiting the six months? Thanks

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would like to assist you with your legal question today. I have researched your issue, and unfortunately found that the statutory right to redemption does not contain any mechanism for a release or relinquishment of that right (there is no way to shorten the 6 month period). You can find the statute governing the redemption period here:

William B. Esq. :

I am sorry that I do not have an answer that is more favorable to your position, but I do want to provide you with as accurate a statement of the law as possible following my research into this issue as possible so that you may plan your next steps accordingly.

William B. Esq. :

If you have any questions regarding this issue I would be more than happy to follow up.

Ok thank you