Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

( ILLINOIS) Hi Ely, I am having someone take me to court, so

( ILLINOIS) Hi Ely, I am having someone take me to court, so instead of getting your normal subpena with the court date and all of that I get served with a paper saying I have to file a answer with the circuit clerks office and they want to charge me $105.00
for this. my question is they want me to go to court, why am I ordered to pay anything at this point? Thank You in advance !!
Hello friend and thank you for requesting me. I hope you are well today.
Can you please tell me:
1) What county is this in; and
2) Is this Small Claims part of Circuit Court, or, 'regular' Circuit Court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Fulton co. IL..... I am not sure on the small claims or the other it just says circuit court. He is wanting $30,000
Thank you for your reply, friend.
At $30,000, this is not small claims.
I am afraid that there is a fee of $105. However, you can confirm this by calling the clerk of court at(###) ###-####and ask to speak with someone in regards ***** ***** filing fees.
The filing fees can be waived if one pleads indigence with a Pauper's Affidavit at the time of filing an answer. But the Court will only waive the fee if it feels that you really cannot afford it. Please let me know if you need information on this matter.
Gentle Reminder: Please use the CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.