LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

My exs new wife keeps undoing my daughters hair. I have

My ex's new wife keeps undoing my daughter's hair. I have my daughter's hair in twists to keep it healthy and nourish it. But my ex's new wife takes the liberty to undo my daughter's hair against her wishes. My daughter is afraid to say anything because she believes she would get into trouble.

Is there any legal course of action I can pursue to keep my ex's new wife from making decisions that affect my daughter's care?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Is there any type of court order in place at this time, regarding custody or visitation of the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We currently have joint custody and I have residential custody. My daughter currently spends every other weekend at her father's.

Payton, thank you for the additional information. The Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the child and if the step-mother is doing something to the child, which could harm her hair, you need to bring that to the attention of the Judge. The only legal course of action which you could do, to stop her from undoing the twists, is to obtain a court order from the Judge, requiring that the hair stays in the same condition as when you dropped the child off at his home, when she spends time with the father. This would legally force the mother to no change the style of the hair and allow it to remain healthy, if you have concerns. Outside of a court order, there would not be any legal actions which could be taken in a situation like this, if she continues to undo it, when the child is with her and the father.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I know it may seem petty. But it is a major concern being that the dermatologist said she has the beginning of alopecia due to tight hair styles.

If this is something that was requested and brought to your attention by the doctor, is a serious issue. Of course, try and obtain some documentation to present to the father and step-mother, to show why the hair needs to remain. If they still fail to comply, then the Judge would have to step in and if this could result in a medical condition and/or prevent it, then the court will take action.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!