Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX my question to you is that

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX my question to you is that my husband is receiving disability benefits he was electrocuted are the insurance companies allowed to harass me when I don't receive the benefits
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

Can you provide a few more facts to put this into context? Just a sentence or two as to what you mean by them "harassing" you.

Customer:

I have over 3000 pictures of the vehicles that followed me everywhere I go I am tired of being harassed I'm also divorceat the bar for my husband to leave me alone

JD 1992 :

How many different vehicles are there and how do you know they are with the insurance company?

Customer:

sorry I'm seeking a divorce from my husband so disability insurance to leave me alone

Customer:

they switch when I take the pictures and I see them everywhere I go same faces jumping cars all the time my husband was electrocuted the setting on the railroad

Customer:

and the case was settled

JD 1992 :

How do you know they are with the insurance company?

Customer:

because I caught several of my neighbors spying on me all the timy husbands lost a ear in the accident

JD 1992 :

Are your neighbors the ones in the cars?

Customer:

sometimes

JD 1992 :

And how do you know they are working for the insurance company as opposed to someone else?

Customer:

I understand that the insurance companies need to investigate that person still needs disability but the case was settled and they make themselves known for me and laugh this is not a joke

JD 1992 :

It doesn't sound at all like a joke.

Customer:

I know a lot of people on disability and the same thing is done to them

JD 1992 :

There are stalking laws that prevent this type of behavior and you would have to file a police report on that but the police are not terribly good about pursuing stalking cases or harassment cases unless it is family law oriented.

Customer:

I don't actually care that they finally it doesn't bother me but when my son is in the car and he notices what's happening that's harassment

Customer:

I'll give you for the instance I called ADT to have cameras installed in my home the guy came into my home and didn't know anything about to bail then I walked into a gun shop and the same guy that came to my home with their and I have proof

JD 1992 :

If they are working for the insurance company then you can first file a complaint against them with the state agency that regulates them. That website is at http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/file_a_complaint/9258

Customer:

and I call the police and make a police report on several occasions I even caught a guy looking into my window and told police and they did nothing about it

JD 1992 :

You can also hire a lawyer to file a lawsuit and ask the court for an injunction to prevent them from the continued harassment. You would only have to sue the insurance company to stop it if they are working for them.

JD 1992 :

As I said, the police aren't good about handling these types of cases.

Customer:

it's common knowledge that insurance companies hire private investigators outside of the company to harass people on disability with disabilities

Customer:

and when I began to film them they hired a whole new set of people I have it on video

JD 1992 :

They hire people to follow and film someone when a claim has been made or might be made but I've never seen them do it after a claim is settled. I guess it is possible but I've never seen it.

Customer:

so how do I find out what insurance company is it my husband used to work for Staten Island Railroad

JD 1992 :

The settlement papers should have it in there or if not the lawyer would know.

Customer:

so do I hire a lawyer in New York or in PennsylvaniaWer

JD 1992 :

You would hire a lawyer where this is happening to you.

Customer:

the lawyers once they get their portion of the money they don't want to talk to you anymore so do I hire a new to this in Pennsylvania or New York

Customer:

thank you

JD 1992 :

You're very welcome. You definitely have my sympathies because I am sure this is nerve wracking.

Customer:

it doesn't bother me so much of the following me and bothers me about harassment because no one ever comes around my block and now we have traffic like it was downtown New York

JD 1992 :

It would bother me.

Customer:

I just don't like when they pointed fingers behind my back and I can see them doing it I'm an actual far so I'm very aware of my surroundings thank you so much

JD 1992 :

You're very welcome. Anything else I can assist with before I exit to help others?

Customer:

I just want to thank you so now I'm going to look for a lawyer so I can stop this reference thank you so much and God bless you

JD 1992 :

Thank you. Have a nice weekend!

Customer:

I'm talking to my computer and its writing so if the writing is wrong I'm sorry forgive me I thank you so much you been very insightful

JD 1992 :

Please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating, of course I'd suggest Excellent, so I get credit for my work.

JD 1992 :

It was fine. Bye!

Customer:

okay you got it

Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Began practicing law in 1992