Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I was laid off for the second time from my company, this is

Customer Question

I was laid off for the second time from my company, this is the first time I had to sign something and I wasn't given a copy of it. I have no idea what I signed and I have been steadily applying for positions in my field with no response at all or no thank yous. I am afraid I may have signed something that has hurt my career. Is there a way I can find out what I signed or even get a copy of this paper?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, how long ago did you sign this? Did you attempt to reach out to the past employer for a copy of this documentation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I signed it 3 months ago, and have not had any contact with them since

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Am I intitled to receive a copy of this paper I signed

Thank you for your follow-up, Peggy.

You can always consider contacting the employer and requesting a copy of the document for yourself. I must warn you, however, that technically this document is the company's property and they do not have to share it with you. But if you state that you weren't provided with a copy and state that it was a violation under the terms of the agreement, the company may relent and allow you a copy of the agreement of the terms for your information.

Peggy,

I see that you rated my answer as "bad". What specifically did I fail to respond to in your question?