Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Im being followed by many cars every day now for over a year

I'm being followed by many cars every day now for over a year & I don't know why! I have a clean record & yet these people keep following me! I have no privacy anymore, my high blood pressure is even higher & now I'm becoming afraid to even leave my home! I called the police & they only patronized me & insulted me. They asked if I had plate #'s so I sent the officer 8 of them. Now I have photos & again they all have already been written in my tablet many times over! I need to know why & if I can stop this before I loose my mind!
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am sorry to hear this is happening. So many police departments act in this manner when people try to report alleged gang stalking. The problem with alleged gang stalking is that when so many individuals are participating and the victim cannot supply the reason anyone would be following them in this manner, the police cannot believe it is happening, no matter how real it might be.

The police officer should not be insulting you and patronizing you, he should be investigating and at least going out to interview some of the vehicle owners to find out the reason they are in the area at the same time as you. If the police are not doing so, you will have no recourse but to file a complaint against the officer with the department's internal affairs division and his watch commander. If they do not at least get an investigation started, I am afraid (as there is no legal duty for how police and if police investigate something) you would then have to move to the next step, which is hiring a private investigator to investigate these people following you around and put a report together that you can then bring to the District Attorney to review for criminal charges.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Paul; you mean the police DON'T have to look into a valid stalking claim in California? I they are here to protect & serve? I'm a 50 year old Security Officer who takes pride in protecting people & places where I am hired. I can no longer work because of this! It's just WRONG that they don't believe me! He asked me to get lic plates & I did! Now I've got photos & video but I'm afraid to give them to him now! I also thought of hiring a PI, but I'm sure I can't afford their prices. Thank you Paul for your answer. I wish I could afford to give you more, but I just can't right now. God bless you Paul. Sincerely: Karen XXXX

Thank you for your follow up.

Yes, unfortunately, police investigations are discretionary to the police. Thus, police have discretion into what actions they take when investigating reports of crimes and how much to investigate and how far to go. If the police are not giving you service, you can report it to the shift supervisor, the chief or the internal affairs division, but the ultimate decision is up to the police I am afraid.