Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I was bitten which caused a laceration by the defendant who

Customer Question

I was bitten which caused a laceration by the defendant who was diagnosed with a contagious virus. She had a couple of hospitalization d/ t this virus the. She was just discharged the day before she bit me. Can I the plaintiff ask r her medical.D attorney is requesting my medical records to prove I was injured and verify the medical cost
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your post.

My apologies I am not quite sure what your question is. Could you restate so I can best answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i obtain the defendant medical records This a tort I sustained a human bite and laceration due to defendant biting me

Annie,

Thank you for your follow-up. Now I understand, thank you very much for clarifying--I was not sure at first who was seeking whose records. If you filed a direct suit against this party, during discovery you or your attorney can demand medical records directly as part of your discovery investigation. If the party refuses to provide it, you would need to contact the judge and request a subpoena for that information by claiming that the information is essential to your case, andt hat the information is directly probative (important) to your theory of the case.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Personal injury/Tort

Judge ordered my Punitive damages & Injuntive Relief Striken Without Prejudice
How soon can I submit the NEW Prayer of Relief for PUNITIVE DAMAGE &INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. Is there a deadline? Is there a special form, process or proceduce? This is in Illinois, Cook County. Thank you, Annie

Thank you for your follow-up, Annie.

If the order was stricken without prejudice, you can refile provided you are still within the statutory period during which you allege the injury took place. In Illinois the state of limitations on personal injury is 2 years from the date the injury took place. You can submit a new prayer for relief tomorrow if you wish provided it is within this overarching 2 year statutory period. There is no special form, you refile the whole petition from scratch, 'without prejudice' means that the petition is dismissed but you are free to refile it again as before.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney