Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

With so many freakin so called "specialists" in this

With so many freakin so called "specialists" in this state one would think I would not have to waste the time of the judicial branch...but all the little "ms. know it all's" are giving me conflicting information and Google search is not getting me to the
correct site. So here is the dumbest question for you: I also officiate wedding ceremonies...not many but enough that I had to break out a line of such...Do the two little love birds need to sign the Certificate of Marriage or simply the Marriage
License which I take down to the recorders office? Many examples of both all over so unable to get definitive if there even is one.. Thank you.
Thank you for your new question and for asking for me.
The Texas law states the marriage license needs to be signed and needs to be submitted with the officiant completing their certification of the marriage taking place on the license. It says nothing about a marriage certificate being submitted (although I understand some local clerks want the certificate attached even though the law says merely that the officiant must complete their part certifying the marriage ceremony occurred before the 31st day from issuance of the license.
Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.
Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.
Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.