TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I went to road-master truck school never revived my cdl, I

I went to road-master truck school never revived my cdl, I moved and they said they sent me letters for collections, but I did not recive them. Now they put me into collections. I don't think I should be put into collections since I never once got a letter. They said they sent me a letter and that all they had to do, by law. I owe 6500 and paying them 100-165 a month. I dont mind paying but why should it be in collection?

Thanks for your question.

When you say put in collections I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing, you have not been sued in a court have you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sue just put in collections and report made on my credit report

Thank you.

Did you have a written agreement with the school regarding your payment plan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if i completed the course i would have a payment with a loan they set up. They say i did not finish so the loan fell threw. I never got letters from them afterwards just sent to my sons adress in tampa, where I did the class

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had a loan set up with another company, they say that loan defulted when i did not finish school. However I never got a bill from the school.

Thanks for the further information.

Legally, you are obligated to pay the school. If you have not entered into a written agreement for monthly payments, then the school is entitled to send you to collection. Collection means that they have asked a third party to try to collect the remainder of the amount you owe. This does hurt your credit score. However, if you owe them money, they are entitled to report this on your credit report.

So, it does not appear to me based on what you have said that any of your rights have been violated.

Since you are able to make monthly payments, what I think you should do is contact the collections company and talk to them about continuing with your payment plan. Make sure to tell them that you want everything in writing and that you will not pay them unless they provide you with something in writing stating that they are agreeing to monthly payments.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN