Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

A newpaper reporter came to my house to examine my military

A newpaper reporter came to my house to examine my military service record. (5 wars. 5 Honorable Discharges). Served in Iraq with the 1/4 Cavalry in 2009. I was seriously wounded when my Stryker vehicle was hit by an RKPG. (I was 82 years old and have military records to prove this.
This reporter turned my in to the "STOLEN VALOR BLOG" and they have sent their accusations that I am a "STOLEN VALOR CANDIDATE FOR 2013."
I have served honorably and have never made a false claim. I have documents proving all claims but they will not accept them and are deliberately destroying my reputation. See their accusations at: "STOLEN VALOR XXXXX XXXXXDS."
Can't I do something to make them my record and acknowledge their complicity in ruining my reputation. They are using my name in the BLOG and they have never contacted me for verification!
Robert X. Leeds [email protected]
(XXX) XXX-XXXX
1405 Ten Palms Court
Las Vegas, NVNNN-NN-NNNN
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. You do have recourse here because your situation satisfies all the elements necessary for a cause of action for defamation which will enable you to get a retraction and actual and punitive damages. Let me explain what defamation is and then you can make the determination whether or not it is something you wish to pursue. I
am going to provide you information on both slander and libel since they are so
closely related and so often confused with each other. They are civil injuries
that harm reputation, cause a reduction in respect, regard or confidence, or
cause disparaging, hostile or disagreeable opinions or feelings against an
individual or entity. The laws regarding libel and slander are the same. To
prevail in a defamation suit for libel or slander and recover damages, a person
("Person A") must prove 4 things: (i) another person ("Person B") conveyed a
defamatory message they knew or should have known to be false; (ii) the
material was published (i.e., conveyed to someone other than Person A); (iii)
Person A can be identified as the person referred to in the defamatory material; and (iv) Person A suffered an injury to Person A's reputation as a result of the communication.
Typically, before actually filing the suit, you would send them a letter detailing the situation and demanding that they: i) retract all prior defamatory statements made, and ii) cease and desist from making any in the future. The letter usually resolves the issue because people hate to get sued. If you need a template for a letter, let me know.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/