Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was sexually and physically abused from 11-16. I wanted

Customer Question

I was sexually and physically abused from 11-16. I wanted to pres charges, but it was my stepfather and my mother siad the court would portray it as my fault. she has mde comments that lead me to believe that I"asked for it" He also sexually abused my sister, who has passed away. I am a cvomplete mess...drug addiction, anger, bi polar...and he has never paid for stealing my childhood. I was in drug court for three years...but it was not enough. I could have been anything and he took that from me
. Do I just have to live with it
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
I am genuinely sorry to hear that you were exposed to this, and I am sorry this wasn't brought to life earlier. Such situations are unfortunate and I hope you can find some way at some point to put it behind you.

In this case what governs is where the abuse took place. If you could provide me with this information and your current age, I could look up the statutes to see if you do have recourse or if at this point you really cannot pursue this further. Please advise so I can best assist. Thank you!