LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  7+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

Im currently the plaintiff in a civil case. There is a possibility

I'm currently the plaintiff in a civil case. There is a possibility that the decision may be handed down during a week I have to travel for work. Can I have my attorney file a motion to continue in this event?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Will you be present during the trial? How long is the trial going to take? Have you spoke with your attorney about your concern and if so, what did he/she say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The trial has taken place and we are simply awaiting the judge's decision at this stage. Was informed by my attorney that it could take up to two months. Haven't spoken to him as I have been unable to reach him today and the situation just arose.

Darrel, thank you for the additional information. Your attorney can always file a notice with the court, advising the Judge and all parties of your unavailability during the week, if you have to travel for work. Within the body of the notice, it can be explained that this is work related and unexpected and if a court date was going to be scheduled for that time/week, that it be reset until you know when you can return. This is not something that would prejudice or effect the decision of the Judge but if you presence will be required, your attorney should be proactive and place everyone on notice.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience: 7+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.