LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  7+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

A was trailing behind a eighteen wheeler that had ice and snow

A was trailing behind a eighteen wheeler that had ice and snow falling from the roof. out of safety concerns A sped up to pass the,truck. As the truck was going faster than speed,limit A also went over speed limit to pass. A was issued a ticket for going 21mph above speed limit. A pled "not guilty" to the charge, and was given a hearing, but how likely will the judge find in favor of A?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and concern. It is going to be a tough case to beat, since you will need to convince the Judge that the ice and snow falling from the roof, was creating a danger and posing a threat. If this was an issue, the driver A could have reduced their speed and allowed the truck to gain a further distance in from of them, so the ice and snow would not have been hitting the car. Moreover, driver A will have to explain why they needed to go 21 mph over the speed limit to pass the truck, which could have caused a deadly accident and exposed driver A and other drivers on the road, to a dangerous condition. Driver A could have lost control of the vehicle or struck on coming traffic if they passed. Driver A is going to need to introduce evidence, to show the danger that the snow and ice were causing the justify 1) not being able to stay at a safe distance behind the truck until it fell and 2) to justify going 21 mph above the speed limit for such a short distance, in which they were able to be cited by the officer.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience: 7+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!