Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Dimitry, can i hire you for the letter below. im mad because

Customer Question

Dimitry, can i hire you for the letter below. i'm mad because itold david that iwas going to file a complaint to him. 8 rounds of begging to pause. I paused. I wake up the next morning and - david had his lawyer send me the below letter/

bizarrely I'VE NEVER ONCE contacted his family or friends or anyone. in addition, he makes reference to my "agent and employees" and i don't have either.

I'm annoyed because I didn't escalate or move discussion - so why did david advance the exact conversation that he told me to halt on. Are we allowed to follow up and ask questions - WHY DOES HE SAY PLEASE CEASE-RE ; family and friends. it's never been an issue.

1502 Broadway

Santa Monica, CA 90405

RE: David Glickman

Dear Ms.

We have been retained by Mr. Glickman to intercede on his behalf. Please direct all further communication to this office by way of email toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. If you have a lawyer please have them contact me immediately.

You need to stop all communication with Mr. Glickman, and all attempts to communicate with him including his family, co-workers, friends and associates need to cease immediately by you or through any third parties on your behalf,. Any further attempts by you, your assistant, any employees, or agents will be deemed to be a harassing action and we will be forced to pursue a Restraining Order without further notice to you.

You have no reason to be communicating with Mr. Glickman, his family, co-workers, friends and associates at this time and any further communication by way of email, telephone, text messaging, Instant Messaging, in person or through third parties will result in this firm seeking an immediate Restraining Order against you.

Should we have to seek judicial intervention and this matter becomes a public record it will affect you in the following ways:

You will have a PERMANENT RESTRAINING ORDER on all court records for your obsessive/compulsive behavior which will turn up in any pre-employment background search.
Your current and future employers will be able to review the Application for a Restraining Order as part of your public record.
Ms. in the interest of everyone’s privacy, this matter can and should end here. There is no need for this to escalate. If you cease all further communication attempts with Mr. Glickman we will consider this matter closed.

Should you need to speak with me, please call my office at 310/664-9969.

Needless to say, nothing contained herein is intended nor should be construed as in any way waiving, or prejudicing any rights or remedies our client may have in this matter.

Sincerely Yours,

Pisarra & Grist

David T. Pisarra, Esq.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and thank you most kindly for requesting me to assist you with your concerns.

Please be aware that I personally cannot represent you off-site. I cannot create documentation for you, act as your attorney, or send letters on your behalf. What I do is explain this letter, your options, and why certain conditions were placed in the letter, but I really cannot be your attorney going forward. Would that suffice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES

Jocelyn,

Thank you for your follow-up. Please allow me to answer this as dispassionately and as informatively as I can. Some of this information will not be favorable to you but you deserve to know what it means going forward.

I see that we spoke in the past and you also spoke to other professionals about this situation. We all suggested that you stay away from this person. The fact that you received such a letter shows that you did not, which may cause problems for you going forward.

A 'cease and desist' letter is sent out as the final warning or step before the other person takes action. That person wants to be clear that he or she no longer wants any contact from you or anyone associated with you to them or to anyone associated with them. That is why the letter discusses work, family, friends and so forth--it does not mean you spoke with them before, but it makes it clear that those people are not someone with whom you are invited to communicate. Such a letter by itself has no legal power, it is a warning letter, but it does create a paper trail for the other person to potentially later file and get the courts to grant the order because there is now notice and proof that you were told to stay away. Then, if you do not stay away, he can easily prove it and get this order against you.

This letter also stated that if you stop contact this matter will be considered resolved. Listen to it. There is absolutely no benefit to anyone, you or the other person, in getting this escalated.

Good luck.