Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I have allegations of child neglect due to remaining in home

Customer Question

I have allegations of child neglect due to remaining in home with spouse accused of domestic violence. The social worker already has a statement from me. My attorney tells me that she has set up an interview with the social worker next week to further discuss the "incident in detail". Per my attorney, I can say "I do not recall". Should not I remain silent? Is this a legal strategy to win the graces of DCFS or more like sabotage?
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for your questions

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I am sorry that you are experiencing this situation. I suggest that you have a local attorney and as such saying "I do not recall" is in essence not saying anything. I do not see it as your attorney trying to sabotage your case. It is just a polite answer. Remember, the DCFS has to prove it's allegations - you do not have to prove anything.

So, if your attorney is telling you to answer the question with "I do not recall" I suggest there is nothing wrong with that.

Good luck with everything