Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My daughter is going through a custody case with her babies father.

Customer Question

My daughter is going through a custody case with her babies father. He keeps insisting that I have hepatitis c and I do not. I have documentation from my doctor and yet the judge ordered that my grand daughter is not to eat or drink after me. I felt discriminated against and it was very embarrassing. Is this a case I should pursue?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

Can you please tell me why the granddaughter would eat after you in the first place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At times my family will eat or drink after each other. This is common according to all of our family doctors as well as her pediatrician

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you obtain conclusive lab results showing that you are negative for hepatitis C and were this documents present to the judge in court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a letter from my doctor of 12 years that I am negative for Hepatitis A B and C.The ex keeps bringing this up and I am not quite sure why. My daughter's attorney tried to get the judge to not pursue this but for some reason she did. I am not sure you are the right person to assist me with this, I believe this is an issue for the ACLU as I spoke with them earlier today and I have an appointment with them on Friday. I paid for some piece of mind for the evening, I am questioning myself at this point why I spent $36 for an online answer. Thank you any way.

Thank you for your follow up.

I am afraid that you might be completely mistaken, if you assume that this would be some type of a Civil Rights or Illegal Discrimination issue and generally ACLU would only review and pursue issues that are related to civil rights.

However, I will opt out of your question and I do wish you the best of luck!