Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

The dispute over type of replacement fence. My neighbor wants

The dispute over type of replacement fence. My neighbor wants new vinyl fence and I want to replace existing fence with improve wood or composite products.

regards Steve
Thank you for your question, Steve. Please allow me to assist you.

I am assuming that this is a shared fence correct? Is the current fence in need of replacement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your follow-up, Steve.

I understand--what specifically is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what happens if no agreement is meet?

Thank you for your follow-up, Steve.

In this situation both parties have exactly the same right to build the fence (or refuse to build it). If there is no agreement the fence stays up or one party tears it down, builds the fence he wants on his side of the property line, and leaves the other portion to the other party. Or there may be mediation options where both can go to court and ask the judge to mediate. The judge would generally dismiss it, however unless one person ends up building the fence and then suing the other party to recoup his or her losses.

Good luck.