Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Legal Expert
19305272

i was in a accident and my insurance company ask if i was working

i was in a accident and my insurance company ask if i was working during the time.is it beter to let your insurance take care of it and keep the company out of it?

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

TMcJD :

Yes, generally it is. Most company policies don't cover damage to your vehicle anyway -- even if you are driving during work. That is assuming that this is your personal vehicle, which I assume that it is since you have your own insurance policy in place. Thus, it likely would do no good to notify your company. And, if you did notify them, they might determine that you can no longer work for them if driving constitutes a significant part of your job (because there is a chance that if you cause an accident the company would be sued by someone you inured while working on the job -- and they do have a policy to cover that type of damage -- they just don't usually have a policy of insurance that covers damage to your vehicle).

TMcJD :

Please let me know if I can provide additional assistance. If not, I would be grateful if you could please leave me a positive rating. I cannot receive credit for my work without your positive rating and that is the sole means of compensation for JustAnswer experts. Thanks.

Customer:

but when the isurance company ask i said i was on my own time

Customer:

is that right or wrong