How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The Defendant has not answered my complaint. I want to file

This answer was rated:

The Defendant has not answered my complaint. I want to file for punitive damages what need to be done is there a special form or procedures,or time limi
Thank you for your post and requesting me to assist you further. I have reviewed our past communication and do not see you positively rating my answers to you at this time. Did I fail to provide you wth useful or acceptable information?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes your help/answers were very helpful. I did give a positive rating

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I purchase the subscription due to the excellent response I received from you. Thank U very much

Thank you very much also, Annie. Please allow me to try to assist you further.

You generally cannot file for punitive damages--what you can do is file a motion to compel, which is a request to the judge to evaluate the information and the initial order, and force the other party to respond. Then, if the party fails to respond, you could then file a petition for contempt of court order and then request that the judge find them in contempt. The judge, solely at his discretion, can then choose to potentially admonish, fine, or even jail the other person for their lack of compliance with a court order. But you cannot seek punitive damages (those are damages meant to punish) as those are granted at the discretion of the judge.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions