Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

My grandmother had a motor home several years ago that she

My grandmother had a motor home several years ago that she owned for nine days. She sold the motor home to a family member of her husband. She hand wrote up one of those long sales contracts just like they do when you buy a car herself. She listed herself and my son as the owner and said the people who bought it paid her 20k down and owe40k more. They were to make a payment every month. When I visited her in 2009 she told me she lent money to her husbands relatives and she was upset because they were not paying her. Now that she has passed away I have located the contract, bill of sale, pink slip listing her as the lien holder alone and the vehicle registration for the first year also shows her as the lien holder a owned by both her and my son and that they gave her 20k down but still owe 40k. I am positive they did not pay her off according to CarFax in 2009 they sold it to someone in town who owned it 3 months then sold it to someone in Nevada who still owns it. Can you tell me how I can find out who the new lien holder is, which according to carfax was changed when it was registered in Nevada. How can I find out if they paid her or did something illegal like I suspect they did?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service, Thank you for your question,

You can get the information you want by contacting the Nevada DMV and giving them the VIN Number of the Motor Home. Ask them for a copy of the registration. That should also tell you the name of the lienholder.

In order to find out if they paid your grandmother in full, you must make a demand in writing as if they did not pay in full. You have to put them on the defensive by saying something like this,

As representative of the Estate of (Name of your grandmother) , It has come to my attention that you purchased (Describe motor home) from (Name of your grandmother) on __________ date, but have not paid the full purchase price, etc.

Then, you would demand payment in full and if they do not show you receipts or proof of payment, you must be prepared to sue them and they will have the burden of proving that they paid in full. If they cannot prove that they paid, you will get judgment in your favor,

______________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate "Excellent Service" so that I receive credit

for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Can you tell me if I am allowed to pursue this money without the help of a trustee if my grandmother's trust states I am entitled to all of her tangible property, which specifically lists motor homes but only the net income plus 500 of the principal monthly for life?

Hi, Tami, Please accept my apologies for the delay, but the site was experiencing some technical problems and we could not get back into the questions to post our Answers,

In Answer to your follow up question, you should be able to pursue this in full because if you adhered to the limitations, the Statute of Limitations would expire before you received the full amount owed to your grandmother and I am sure that is not what your grandmother intended,

_____________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate "Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney