How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116215
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

You mentioned that I would need an expert witness to win this

This answer was rated:

You mentioned that I would need an expert witness to win this case. Would any general contractor or even a plasterer, meet this requirement. Also the damages are estimated at $1500.00,is that small claims in Essex county Ma.?
Thank you for your new question.

Yes, a general contractor or a construction/structural engineer would be good experts in this. Thank you for giving me the location of the claim as well, yes, small claims in MA is up to $7000. Furthermore, you need to send the utility company a letter called a 93A letter, which in MA is a very powerful tool, and this states that their conduct amounts to an unfair and deceptive practice and as such you will seek up to treble damages plus attorney's fees if they refuse to negotiate and settle this matter with you. Here is a SAMPLE 93A letter.

Section 93a is very strong in favor of the consumer and you are a consumer of this company for sure. Generally, the 93A letter, even if you do not sue under 93A, motivates the business to settle your claim because they want to avoid triple damages and attorney's fees.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you