Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

I was turned down for a job unless I get this settled. By

I was turned down for a job unless I get this settled. By Tennessee law I have 2 traffic violations andXXXXXdown a street points on my driving record in the last 3 years. By law these don't add up to enough points to get my license taken. According to the company I interviewed with, they allow 15 points on a record. Each incident equals 7 pts. with the company. I have attended an 8 hr. driving school, contacted local lawyer, called TN Driver license office and still can't get an answer. How can I get one traffic violation removed from my record? I need this job! I can't believe one can get a DUI off a record but no traffic violation. Help in TN
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thomas, and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service. Please keep in mind that the law does not always support our position, or give us the result we want. I can only Answer within what the laws of Tennessee provide, and I am kindly asking that you not hold the laws against me when rating my service to you because I did not write the laws and I have an ethical obligation to you to give you only correct Answers and information..

Under the laws of Tennessee, a motorist may have some points removed from their driving record, if the Judge hearing the case approves the motorist as a candidate for Defensive Driving School. When the course is completed, the motorist submits proof to the Judge that he completed the course and the Judge sends it to the DMV. The Judge can reduce the points or eliminate the points all together which relate to the ticket for which the motorist went to Defensive Driving School. They usually do not remove all the points and it is more common for them to reduce the number of points for the ticket.

Once the points are on your license, it is impossible to remove them "after the fact". You can try sending the DMV your Certificate of Completion, or any other Certificate the School gave you and ask the DMV to remove a ticket and if it falls into the hands of a clerk who is unfamiliar with the law, he might remove a ticket from your driving record. But, understand that this would be a fluke because they are not removed "after the fact",

I wish I could give you the Answer you were hoping for and it would have given me great pleasure to do so, and I understand your frustration, but I cannot lie to you, so I am respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you do not hold Tennessee law against me. When rating me you are rating my service to you, not whether or not I gave you the answer you wanted to hear,

_____________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate "Excellent Service" so that I receive credit

for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.