Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I have another question the paperwork when I was given the

I have another question the paperwork when I was given the summons to appear in small claims had my correct name. The paperwork that I received after the judgement my name is ***** ***** daughter who's of age also was served her paperwork after the judgement
was also in my incorrect name. Not her name. Am I responsible for her judgement also?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you the true and correct information in this regard.
Please tell me what is the error on your name in the Judgment
Also, was your daughter sued separately?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My legal name is ***** ***** name on the document is Diana correct last name on both documents. My daughter was sued separately for her own bills (this was medical bills from a car accident) her balance was different than mine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The judgement is from California and we live on texas
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Thank you. ***** is not valid with the incorrect name and no you are not responsible for your daughter's judgment and she should have her own in her correct name.
I suggest you can contact the creditor's attorney and tell them that the judgments are not valid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a collection company that called me. The doctors wife did the paperwork. Do I call the collection company they said they were going to garnish my pay. Thank you so much
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Yes I suggest you call the collection agency.
Here is the thing, if they have the judgment it is good for 7 years for them to begin the garnishment. So even if it is invalid they can go back and get it corrected. So I suggest you get it over with and call them and let them know it is invalid. Or write them.
Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.