LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Playing golf cart paths only can I ride in the fairway ?

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I myself am an avid golfer and am curious what this is in relation to? I know some courses, do to conditions, impose a cart paths only rule to prevent the fairways from getting ruined, when they are soft as a result of flooding and a lot of rain. However, do you have a disability that prevents you from being able to walk onto the fairway? If you can please clarify the issue, I would be happy to respond.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have a disability .

Ron, if you have a disability that is preventing you from walking, the course should accommodate you. They normally require some type of proof for a medical professional, advising that you can not walk those distances and need to be able to drive the cart as close as possible, to the ball. Often times, the course will also allow you to drive as close as possible to the green, without going on it. At the same time, the course does have to balance the needs and care of the course and there is a difference between imposing a cart path only rule just to protect the fairways and greens and a situation where is a cart is driven on it, it can destroy the grass. If driving the cart on the grass would cause damage, they would have a right to restrict your ability to do so, only for that limited time. However, if they always have a cart path only ruling in effect, accommodations should be made to drive on the fairway. If this is an ongoing issue, obtain documentation from your doctor and present it to the management at the course, for them to review. If they still refuse to accommodate your disability, you could have a possible basis to go after them and sue.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.