Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Should I ask the tenants wife at the property where the rat

Should I ask the tenants wife at the property where the rat problem occurred to go to court and testify about the issues she experienced with trapper john and her over all troubling time, or have her write out her testimony and have it notarized and present it to the court.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am afraid that a notarized affidavit is considered hearsay in court when presented as witness testimony because as part of the other party's due process rights they have a right to cross examine witnesses and they cannot cross examine an affidavit. Thus, your witness has to actually appear in court to testify in the trial.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.