Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I asked a broker to sell some cattle for me in Texas. He arranged

I asked a broker to sell some cattle for me in Texas. He arranged the sale and deposited a Cashier’s Check into my Business LLC bank account. The remitters name isXXXXX has been a disconnect between me and the broker and I am trying to contact Browns Cattle to determine exactly what they bought. Bank won’t release name of remitter. How can I go about subpoenaing the Texas bank for the remitters information?

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you clear, true and correct information in this regard

You can only get a subponea once you have a case pending. I know it is a catch-22 but once you file a case, then you can get the subpoena to move forward.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am about to file a civil suit with the Justice of the Piece in the local county. I am representing myself, and want to know how to go about subpoenaing the Texas bank for the remitters information. I would like to subpoena the bank the moment I receive a case number.

I really want to know the process that I need to follow to subpoena a Texas bank.

Thank you for the additonal information

Once you have the case number, you can request the Subpoena from the Clerk of the Court. You may fill out the information and then have the local Sheriff serve it, which may take longer than if you have a private process server do it.