RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

My son is on probation for beening a pedophile in Florida.I

My son is on probation for beening a pedophile in Florida.I am trying to get him relocation to another state .Florida has some crazy rules about where he has to live in the other state.
1 1000 feet from a school
2.Can't live near a church
3 . Lots of other stupid rules for the receiving state
My question is his ability to worship is in the Bill of Rights.Is that taken away becauce he committed a crime?
Thank you for your question.

The restrictions placed on your son do not take away his right to worship. The First Amendment says the free exercise of religion shall not be impeded, and it still isn't under the restrictions he is required to abide by. While he may not be able to live near a church, he can still for example attend church (unless otherwise prohibited), pray at his home, meet with other people to have bible study, talk about his religion openly with others without fear, etc.

He is only prohibited from living near a church for the same reasons that they don't allow him to live near a school - because it is a place where many minors congregate.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The state of Maryland doesn't have such restrictions

so why should Florida .Their restrictions apply only to them.Maryland is too busy to care out Florida's restrictions.

That's not really a question that has a legal answer so much as perhaps a political one. Each state may have different penalties for the same criminal act, and may set different restrictions upon persons convicted of crimes. It is what it is, unfortunately. However, none of those restrictions effect his constitutional rights in any way, shape or form.