Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was fourclosed. the lawyer of bank suit me two ccount. 1,

Customer Question

I was fourclosed. the lawyer of bank suit me two ccount. 1, fourclose mortgage 2. breach notice. late they VOLUNTARY DISMISSA the count 1. in they affidvit, they list fee for publication ( not local newspaper, no copy of publication.) , so i argu that fee is unreaonable. i need a code or citi of auothrority.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

There is no requirement a mortgage company publish notice of foreclosure under the IL Mortgage Foreclosure Act (735 ILCS 5/). The publication of notice would be only if they could not serve you the notice of foreclosure in the foreclosure suit. If there was no proof of publication and no publication was required under the Mortgage Foreclosure Act, there is no other code or authority, they simply cannot charge you for something never done and they have no proof that any publication was done.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. I get my house form foruclose, I see a lot fourclose file. they must publiclish.

2.there is code somewhere, just need time to find out

you did not look like professnal

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Hello, A different Professional here.

Yes, you are correct. The lender must publish the notice of the foreclosure sale pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/15-1507, (Section 5/15-1507.) The notice must be published for three consecutive weeks, once per week, with the first notice published not more than forty-five days prior to the sale and last notice not less than seven days pre-sale.

:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?DocName=073500050HArt.+XV+Pt.+15&ActID=2017&ChapterID=56&SeqStart=111400000&SeqEnd=113800000

(735 ILCS 5/15-1507) (from Ch. 110, par. 15-1507)
Sec. 15-1507. Judicial Sale.
(a) In General. Except as provided in Sections 15-1402 and 15-1403, upon entry of a judgment of foreclosure, the real estate which is the subject of the judgment shall be sold at a judicial sale in accordance with this Section 15-1507.
(b) Sale Procedures. Upon expiration of the reinstatement period and the redemption period in accordance with subsection (b) or (c) of Section 15-1603 or upon the entry of a judgment of foreclosure after the waiver of all rights of redemption, except as provided in subsection (g) of Section 15-1506, the real estate shall be sold at a sale as provided in this Article, on such terms and conditions as shall be specified by the court in the judgment of foreclosure. A sale may be conducted by any judge or sheriff.
(c) Notice of Sale. The mortgagee, or such other party designated by the court, in a foreclosure under this Article shall give public notice of the sale as follows:
(1) The notice of sale shall include at least the

following information, but an immaterial error in the information shall not invalidate the legal effect of the notice:

(A) the name, address and telephone number of the

person to contact for information regarding the real estate;

(B) the common address and other common

description (other than legal description), if any, of the real estate;

(C) a legal description of the real estate

sufficient to identify it with reasonable certainty;

(D) a description of the improvements on the real

estate;

(E) the times specified in the judgment, if any,

when the real estate may be inspected prior to sale;

(F) the time and place of the sale;
(G) the terms of the sale;
(H) the case title, case number XXXXX the court in

which the foreclosure was filed;

(H-1) in the case of a condominium unit to

which subsection (g) of Section 9 of the Condominium Property Act applies, the statement required by subdivision (g)(5) of Section 9 of the Condominium Property Act;

(H-2) in the case of a unit of a common interest

community to which subsection (g-1) of Section 18.5 of the Condominium Property Act applies, the statement required by subdivision (g-1) of Section 18.5 of the Condominium Property Act; and

(I) such other information ordered by the Court.
(2) The notice of sale shall be published at least 3

consecutive calendar weeks (Sunday through Saturday), once in each week, the first such notice to be published not more than 45 days prior to the sale, the last such notice to be published not less than 7 days prior to the sale, by: (i) (A) advertisements in a newspaper circulated to the general public in the county in which the real estate is located, in the section of that newspaper where legal notices are commonly placed and (B) separate advertisements in the section of such a newspaper, which (except in counties with a population in excess of 3,000,000) may be the same newspaper, in which real estate other than real estate being sold as part of legal proceedings is commonly advertised to the general public; provided, that the separate advertisements in the real estate section need not include a legal description and that where both advertisements could be published in the same newspaper and that newspaper does not have separate legal notices and real estate advertisement sections, a single advertisement with the legal description shall be sufficient; and (ii) such other publications as may be further ordered by the court.

(3) The party who gives notice of public sale in

accordance with subsection (c) of Section 15-1507 shall also give notice to all parties in the action who have appeared and have not theretofore been found by the court to be in default for failure to plead. Such notice shall be given in the manner provided in the applicable rules of court for service of papers other than process and complaint, not more than 45 days nor less than 7 days prior to the day of sale. After notice is given as required in this Section a copy thereof shall be filed in the office of the clerk of the court entering the judgment, together with a certificate of counsel or other proof that notice has been served in compliance with this Section.

(4) The party who gives notice of public sale in

accordance with subsection (c) of Section 15-1507 shall again give notice in accordance with that Section of any adjourned sale; provided, however, that if the adjourned sale is to occur less than 60 days after the last scheduled sale, notice of any adjourned sale need not be given pursuant to this Section. In the event of adjournment, the person conducting the sale shall, upon adjournment, announce the date, time and place upon which the adjourned sale shall be held. Notwithstanding any language to the contrary, for any adjourned sale that is to be conducted more than 60 days after the date on which it was to first be held, the party giving notice of such sale shall again give notice in accordance with this Section.

(5) Notice of the sale may be given prior to the

expiration of any reinstatement period or redemption period.

(6) No other notice by publication or posting shall

be necessary unless required by order or rule of the court.

(7) The person named in the notice of sale to be

contacted for information about the real estate may, but shall not be required, to provide additional information other than that set forth in the notice of sale.

(d) Election of Property. If the real estate which is the subject of a judgment of foreclosure is susceptible of division, the court may order it to be sold as necessary to satisfy the judgment. The court shall determine which real estate shall be sold, and the court may determine the order in which separate tracts may be sold.
(e) Receipt upon Sale. Upon and at the sale of mortgaged real estate, the person conducting the sale shall give to the purchaser a receipt of sale. The receipt shall describe the real estate purchased and shall show the amount bid, the amount paid, the total amount paid to date and the amount still to be paid therefor. An additional receipt shall be given at the time of each subsequent payment.
(f) Certificate of Sale. Upon payment in full of the amount bid, the person conducting the sale shall issue, in duplicate, and give to the purchaser a Certificate of Sale. The Certificate of Sale shall be in a recordable form, describe the real estate purchased, indicate the date and place of sale and show the amount paid therefor. The Certificate of Sale shall further indicate that it is subject to confirmation by the court. The duplicate certificate may be recorded in accordance with Section 12-121. The Certificate of Sale shall be freely assignable by endorsement thereon.
(g) Interest after Sale. Any bid at sale shall be deemed to include, without the necessity of a court order, interest at the statutory judgment rate on any unpaid portion of the sale price from the date of sale to the date of payment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you did not answer my question.

I did not think you are expert

Hello: I did answer your question. You specifically asked for the Statutes dealing with the publication of the foreclosure notice:

"1. I get my house form foruclose, I see a lot fourclose file. they must publiclish.

2.there is code somewhere, just need time to find out"

Here is my response once more, just in case you did not see my previous one. For your convenience, I have bolded the relevant subsection (2).

Hello, A different Professional here.

:

Sec. 15-1507. Judicial Sale.

(B) the common address and other common

estate;

(F) the time and place of the sale;
(G) the terms of the sale;

which the foreclosure was filed;

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my question is :

there is two fee there is unreasonable

1. they VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL

2.not public

After exhaustive search, these are the Statutes that I was able to locate. None specifically addresses your issue. However, you can use them as a guide to dispute the reasonableness of the fee.

735 ILCS 5/15-1508(e)

735 ILCS 5/15-1603

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?DocName=073500050HArt.+XV+Pt.+16&ActID=2017&ChapterID=56&SeqStart=113800000&SeqEnd=114400000

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not belive that you webside have expert

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy