Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I do not understand why I would go to the first one. I am

I do not understand why I would go to the first one. I am just going to listen to what they have to say? Yes, I do want to contest him leaving/refusing to assign me to someone else within his large law firm. I am unable to find anyone else willing to take my case. Attorneys do not take cases that have been ongoing for 2 1/2 years and where they have to pay another atty for what he all ready has done.

Thank you for post. If you have additional questions or concerns, please use the reply button as you do not need to open a new question when your clarification is based on a question you already posed.

To answer your question, you are free to skip that meeting but then if the other party makes allegations or demands that you are not there to contest or refute, the judge will rule in their favor and make such determinations that favor them in the future. A status conference can also anger the judge if one party fails to appear since it is disrespectful to the courts.

As for the second hearing, if you wish to contest, then you must appear because the judge will question you before ruling on the attorney's request, and take your difficulty in finding counsel into consideration before either releasing the attorney or compelling him to remain.

Good luck.

Thank you for your answers. He/they gave me one day, it is for tomorrow. How would I prepare for this, I don't know what I am doing. Will they ask me questions or am I to jump up and say "that's not right".

My apologies but if you are self-representing, you are held to the same standard as any attorney. Nobody will give you a friendly course and nobody will ask you questions--you would need to learn to make proper objections, bring up your concerns, and be proactive. I really cannot tell you how to prepare for this beyond suggesting that you go online and browse information on court rules and court decorum so that you can at least sound and appear respectful to the judge.

Good luck and please do not forget to positively rate my answers that I have provided to you at this time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not self representing. So where does that leave me?

But then I am a bit confused. If your attorney is relieved, then you would be self-representing. If this conference takes place before his petition is heard, however, then your attorney will take care of the conference himself as he still owes you a duty as a professional to be zealous and provide you with the best representation that he can.

Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the motion he filed to drop my case it has a date for July for the judge to decide if he can drop me. On about the third page is a date for tomorrow for a case management meeting. My question was to ask if I need to attend the case management meeting for any reason. This is all very confusing. Thank you for your patience.

My apologies on the confusion. You should still appear at the case management hearing because at that time the courts will attempt to help the parties find a solution before trial begins. You should still attend this hearing if you can.

Good luck.