Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

This is John W. Brock again. Id liketo know if parental rights

This is John W. Brock again. I'd liketo know if parental rights can be restored at the request of the mother or child. Does it matter? Well it matters to me on paper, legally i would like to be her Father again if she wishes, my Daughter.

Thank you for your follow-up, John. I would be happy to assist you again.

Once the child is an adult, parental rights cannot really be restored. But then again you do not need those rights anymore. Please allow me to explain.

"Parental rights" are rights that an adult parent has toward a minor child pertaining to physical custody and legal decisions, such as child care, schooling, medical decisions, religious training, and so forth. Once a child is 18, the child is an adult and can make those decisions herself. Those 'parental rights' are no longer needed because that is something the child can do for herself. This is why there is nothing to restore, you can simply consider being part of her life and so long as you are still listed on the birth certificate as her father, you have the same rights as the mother at this point (really).

Good luck.