Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Ely, What rules, if any, exist in the Texas civil code regarding

Ely,

What rules, if any, exist in the Texas civil code regarding getting makeup days for the other side failing to abide by the SPO?
Hello friend,

What do you mean by an "SPO?"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Standard Possession Order, sorry.

Thank you for your reply and my apologies for the wait as I was offline when you replied.

In the SPP, there is no "automatic" make up days, per se. What happens when days are missed due to contempt of one party is that the aggrieved party either informally demands and gets those extra days, or files and has heard a contempt motion, in which the Court - if it finds contempt - will order extra days for make up.

In other words, there is no automatic make up - the Court has to order it, and order whatever make up time is fair (unless the parties themselves come to an informal agreement).

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.