LegalEagle1, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.

can a county correctional officer have a personal relationship

can a county correctional officer have a personal relationship with a first time felon
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

Is this a person whom the corrections officer is assigned to monitor or supervise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no the person is out of custody and is on probation

There is no statutory prohibition against such a relationship. The corrections officer will want to check their policy and procedure manual as well as any other guidelines regarding his employment to see if their is a requirement to report such contact or relationship to a supervisor or his employer.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.