Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I recently tried to remove names from a deed in Harford County,

Customer Question

I recently tried to remove names from a deed in Harford County, MD and was told I need the exemption codes for removing a son, a brother and an uncle from the deed. Can you give me these codes?
Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Hello friend. My name is Ely, and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

By "codes" did you mean the statute that allows you to waive the taxes on such a transfer?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I believe these are the codes they are asking for.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your clarification, Melissa. In this case, they are likely asking for Section 12-108 - Exemptions from tax, which may be found here.

This provides the code for exemptions of tax for transfer based on family.

Best of luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)