Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I was in Mass Civil court yesterday to address a lis pendense

I was in Mass Civil court yesterday to address a lis pendense that was placed on our property by a lawyer(buyer) of our property...we filed a motion to dismiss...judge did not overrule his former decision although we believe we had all the reasons to do so...stated trial next year starting in March...or go to some sort of mediation. We rejected out of hand as we were so pissed. This am we believe we might as well proceed with mediation as probably can't hurt. Can you give me the form for MA Civil Procedure briefly filled out the I can submit to the court todayrequesting them to do that.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for our question and good morning.There is no premade form here you need only make a written request to the judge for mediation in your case.

RayAnswers :

Mediation in Massachusetts is an informal, confidential process where a neutral person called a mediator acts to encourage and facilitate the resolution of a case without prescribing what it should be.

In contrast to a judge who decides for the parties how a dispute will be resolved, a mediator (or conciliator) helps the parties reach their own mutually acceptable and voluntary agreement.

The role of the mediator may include: assisting the parties in identifying the issues, assessing and reviewing the relative strengths and weaknesses of their case, determining common interests, fostering joint problem-solving, exploring settlement alternatives, and finalizing a settlement agreement.

RayAnswers :

Here you would do this by letter to the judge as follows..

RayAnswers :

Honorable XXXXX XXXXX

RayAnswers :

Address

RayAnswers :

Court Number

RayAnswers :

Re:Your Case Number XXXXX Names

RayAnswers :

Dear Judge Smithi,

Customer:

ok...thank you

RayAnswers :

I am requesting mediation be ordered in the above styled case to which I am a party.I feel that there is at least potential for settlement and that mediation may solve the need for trial and allow the parties to conserve the resources and time of the court.

RayAnswers :

Sincerely Yours,

RayAnswers :

Something like that shoudl do the trick for you.

RayAnswers :

Good luck here in mediation I hope it works out.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for letting me help you today.I appreciate the chance to do so.

RayAnswers :

The judge will issue an order and then you will be contacted by the mediator about scheduling, etc.

RayAnswers :

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney client relationship here.Information provided is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.