Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

pennsylvania lawyer: my son passed out in a truck driving for

pennsylvania lawyer: my son passed out in a truck driving for work. he knew it and pulled over. it was witnessed by a coworker. he regained consciousness quickly. then it was recommended he get checked out in an e.r. who referred him to his family doctor who ordered basic testing and referred him to two specialists: a cardiologist and a neurologist. as his mother and a nurse i said don't get excited about passing out once.but, he listened to his doctor had all the referrals and all pertinent testing: including cat scan of brain and e.e.g. everything negative. the conclusion was a vasal vagal episode something we are all susceptible to - he fainted and he knew it was coming and pulled over. the neurologist wanted to do all the testing he could think of,now as a nurse and a mother, i told my son don't do it, but he listened to the neurologist whop said by the way i've reported you to the d.m.v. but don't worry you can always appeal. the liscence he needs for his livelihood was revoked and for the appeal the neurologist sold him down the rive by being very vague with his wording. ok; is there any legal method to get his liscence back or would it just be a waist of time and money?

Hi, Hildi, and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name isXXXXX am a Licensed, Practicing Pennsylvania Attorney, and my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

I am glad to hear that the tests were all negative, but I am pretty annoyed that the neurologist jumped the gun and reported this to the DMV. The doctor was concerned about his license, not your son's well being and when he realized that reporting your son to the DMV had been, in fact, premature, the doctor necessarily had to be very vague.

I do not think that it would be a waste of time to Appeal the license suspension. It is very much necessary to clear your son's name. And even if the Administrative Appeal fails, your next step would be to file an Appeal with the Court of Common Pleas in the County of your son's residence. It will not be so easy for the neurologist to be so vague with a Common Pleas Judge who will take the license suspension a lot more seriously than any Administrative Agency or the DMV.

___________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate "Excellent Service" so that I receive credit

for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank-you Andrea i was also concerned about my son, hes 22 , being labeled with a seizure disorder he in no way has. the explanation his family dr. came up with is he removed my son from adderil . he does have ADD and he felt he had been on it too long 12 yrs and he felt that was the cause of the dizziness and fainting episode {1 episode}. the cardiologist felt it was an isolated fluke and couldn't believe it was reported. now, is it in my sons best interest to obtain an attorney or can he do this on his own. also,what type of attorney would handle this?

Hi, Hildi, Thank you for your follow up questions and the opportunity to explain further,

I believe it would be in your son's best interests to retain an attorney with experience in driver license suspensions. It can get very technical and it has the added difficulty of having to deal with an Administrative Agency; they tend to think that they are a Court, when in reality they are not, yet they still have the power to destroy someone's ability to earn a livelihood. And, because it is very technical, you don't want your son to lose on a technicality, or not acting within a certain time frame required by law. So, I think that his best interests would be served by retaining a lawyer as soon as possible. Call yourlocal County Bar Association and ask for the name of several attorneys with experience in driver license suspensions and Appeals, then select the one with whom you feel the most comfortable,

_________________________________________________________________

If I have not Answered your question completely, please let me know by using the "Reply" button and I will be glad to explain further,

for assisting you,

ANDREA