How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Arizona. my residential lease is with an llc. does

This answer was rated:

I am in Arizona. my residential lease is with an llc. does the llc have to hire an attorney to represent themselves in a lease dispute or can a partner represent the llc in court?

Thank you for your question.

Generally, a corporation has to hire a lawyer to represent it in court. However, if there is a lease dispute or eviction, this will trigger the Arizona Rules of Procedure for Evictions and Justice Court rules which allow a business entity such as an LLC to represent itself through one of its duly authorized members.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

to be clear: the landlord Ilene can represent the LLC but her brother who is not a part of the LLC cannot,,,it must be a member?

The law states that it must be a duly authorized officer or member of the corporation. If her brother is a manager or officer of the LLC, then he may represent the LLC. It's a very relaxed rule.
TexLaw and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you